Sunday, October 30, 2011

Easy Apple Cinnamon BBQ Tilapia

Last night I made apple cinnamon bbq tilapia and it turned out awesome. For the sides I just cooked mashed potatoes and brocolli with carrots. It's extremely simple.

Ingredients:
Tilapia filet(s)
Apple cinnamon bbq sauce
Brocolli
Carrots
Mashed potatoes of your choice (I used the boxed kind)

Instructions:
Thaw the tilapia by placing in cold water. Once thawed, put in plastic bag and marinate with the apple cinnamon bbq sauce.


I recommend marinating for at least an hour. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.

After it's done marinating, heat the oven to 400 F. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and place tilapia in pan. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the fish has an internal temperature of 145 F. Make the sides while the fish is cooking. For the mashed potatoes just follow the instructions on the box. Here's what I used:


Cook the vegetables on the stove and season to taste.


After the tilapia is done cooking, drizzle a teaspoon of the apple cinnamon bbq sauce on top and give it a pinch of salt for a little extra flavor. Now you're done! Here is the finished product:


This is a healthy low calorie meal with lots of flavor. I woud say this meal is under 450 calories. I hope you like it. If you don't... well, you're weird :)

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get that sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the sauce from Bass Pro Shop but I have seen something similar to it in Walmart :)

    ReplyDelete