Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy as can be pot roast

For all you pot roast newbies, here's a simple recipe that can be made right in your slow cooker.
Ingredients:
2-5 pound rump roast (depends on how many people you're cooking for)
Cauliflower (cut into small chunks)
2 carrots (cut into thin or chunky pieces)
2 potatoes (cut into cubes)
1 McCormick's savory pot roast seasoning packet
32 ounce 99% fat free chicken broth (I used the great value brand)
1/2 cup of water
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
Mini corn on the cob
Directions
Place thawed rump roast in the slow cooker. Mix the chicken broth, seasoning, water, garlic powder and onion powder together in a bowl. Pour the mixture on top of the roast.

Spread the corn, potatoes and vegetables around the meat.

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Dinner is completed. Pretty easy huh? Hope you like it! =)
P.S. If you like slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out the crock pot girls. They have lots of amazing slow cooker recipes on their website. Here's the link:

4 comments:

  1. Your pot roast looks great. I'm cooking it for dinner tonight. I liked the crock pot girls website too. You should consider doing instructional cooking videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally! you're right, this looks super simple! I'll have to make this for me and my boyfriend after we have lost those extra Thanksgiving pounds lol. I'll let you know what I think of it in about a month haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I made this last night and it was horrible. No just kidding! lol! It was really good =) It was super simple to make and me and my bf really enjoyed it. You should keep blogging easy recipes. The crock pot recipes are always a favorite because they don't require a lot of hands on. I haven't gotten a chance to get on the crockpotgirls blog yet, but I'll let you know what I think.
    In a post or two above you showed a cheesecake you made. What's the recipe for that? The presentation was great. Is it just a regular cheesecake with bananas for garnish or is it actually made with bananas? Please do share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the pot roast. It's funny you asked about the cheesecake because I'm preparing one tonight for some guests I'm having over tomorrow. I was planning on uploading the recipe either tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete